Cannabis and ADHD

Updated: April 22, 2020

For those who come from an area where cannabis is not treated in a positive light, explaining its therapeutic effects to close family or friends can be very complicated. The reality is that research on cannabis and ADD / ADHD (and on interactions between them) is significantly lacking at this point. However, the data and results of past investigations indicate that we need to do more research in this area.

Cannabis users, in the eyes of the broader culture, are not exactly the best role models when it comes to concentration and cognitive ability. When a small group of scientists set out to research cannabis as an alternative treatment for activity and attention-deficit disorder (ADHD), they were skeptical. Patients who swear to improve their concentration with the help of cannabis are day by day - the scientists mentioned wanted to explore the scientific basis of this, contradictory, medical phenomenon.

One major factor in ADD and ADHD is the lack of dopamine in the brain - a chemical nerve transporter that plays an important role in cognitive processes such as memory and attention. Agents such as Ritalin and Adderall stimulate dopamine and, as a result, improve the user's ability to concentrate, but also have a lot of unpleasant side effects (including abstinence problems).

Cannabinoids (compounds found in cannabis) could cure dopamine deficiency in people suffering from ADD / ADHD at the right doses and healthy intake method. Cannabis can already crush the mind of an individual in raw form, and many patients could benefit from a better concentration. Time-consuming and time-consuming tasks would become easier to accomplish and mood swings would be less frequent. Why is this so?

The theory accepted in the ADHD theory relates to the fact that about 70% of brain functions are responsible for regulating the flow of information to the remaining 30%. In fact, the brain is overwhelmed with too much information in too short a time. With ADHD, an individual's brain is overcrowded because they are aware of all the nuances of daily experiences.

Most medical experts agree that anecdotal evidence is not credible enough to recommend patients to use cannabis for ADD / ADHD treatment - Researchers are optimistic about the potential that cannabis represents. With the rise of political blockages and the ensuing amount of research on the subject, we may soon be living in a world where the treatment of problems such as ADD and ADHD is far safer and more effective than ever.

Join us

Join our insiders club for monthly motivation, news and presales. We are not going to spam your email box. We are going to send one or two emails per month. We promise they will be valuable.

You may also like

November 1, 2018
The Easiest Recipe To Make Weed Brownies

Who doesn't like brownies? They're very popular pastry, not just because they're extremely good, but also because the process of preparing them is super easy. No wonder, weed brownies are a very popular decision among stoners. Learn how to make weed brownies yourself! Ingredients 3 eggs ½ cup of cannabutter (approx. 113 g) 1 ½ cup of […]

Read More
October 31, 2019
Cannabis and sleeping

Studies show that cannabis can affect your sleep in many ways. When we can't sleep, we reach out to the our best friend - joint. It is no surprise that research shows that THC is an effective aid to sleep. In addition to helping with average insomnia, cannabis can help treat sleep disorders associated with […]

Read More
July 28, 2018
5 Strains to Smoke Before Sleep

Are you suffering from insomnia and/or you have troubles falling asleep? Or you just like going to sleep stoned? Then check out High Thoughts list of strains, recommended to smoke before going to bed. 1. Northern Lights Indica, an old-school strain that has been hushing brains to rest since its beginning in the mid-1980s. Telling […]

Read More
July 25, 2019
Popular names for marihuana

Now that we are in the internet world, we have a lot more different names for marihuana. In this article, we will write about the ones that are mostly used in forums, social media, etc. If you got any other marihuana name, that you and your friends are using it, write about it in comments […]

Read More
1 2 3 17

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram
Tweet
Share
Share
Pin